This piece of work can be found here.
Oh look, here we go again. Fallfeatherspony, I hope this OP gets that “ten-man smackdown” you were talking about, and then some.
You know, we likely wouldn’t be having these conversations if the punchlines were the rapist. But somehow, it never seems to be. Every time I have seen rape used in this fandom, it is used in a “positive” light. Oh, that stud. Oh, that Big Sexy Molly. Even if they didn’t want it at first, they sure do now, hurrdurr. Or the rapist is really a tormented soul, poor thing, you should feel bad for them, really. Or those like the person in the screencap above, who can’t seem to tell the difference between sex and rape.
More often than not, in fiction and reality, titillation is at the cost of the victim. Why?
Yes, I hear it now. “It’s just a cartoon, it’s not real life!” Funny how fiction can influence someone to laugh, think, create, or threaten a minor with rape, but what’s that? This comic/fiction/art reinforces the attitude that rape is not taken seriously in real life? Heavens, no!
I’ve seen the laughable excuse that it’s not a symptom of the real life state of things because Japan has hentai, but the lowest REPORTED cases of rape. For such a love of Wikipedia, that sure overlooks this page and all the attendant research with it. And that’s just ONE page on the subject. But numbers are all that matter, aye? Makes it look better, frees one of all that uncomfortable thinking that comes with responsibility.
I also hear “if you don’t like it, don’t look!” That’s what the boycott thing was about. Choosing not to support something that advocates views you find harmful. That happens all the time in real life, see Pax, see Chik Fil A, see Papa John’s. But freedom of speech is a one way street to some people in this issue. Why so many threats against someone for doing exactly what you rant against? No one is being forced to boycott such things. If they choose to, it’s their choice.
But consent seems to be quite a confusing concept to some.
"It doesn’t help real rape victims!" From my time at my old Harley Quinn blog to Cupidite, I have received Tumblr "fanmail" thanking me for speaking out on this subject, from survivors. Yeah, sorry. It DOES help people to feel safe in internet space. Just because you sit down in front of a keyboard, you are not magically removed from all the emotions you have outside in the real world. I have never figured out how someone could reason they can make threats online and it doesn’t give an indication of something lacking in their character. If you think it’s funny to send threats, if you think violence is remotely an acceptable response to a differing opinion, the internet is not your get out of jail free card. You have problems and you need to address them.
Or is it that problem with responsibility again?
There is a lot of comedy in consensual relationships. So I have to ask, fandom. We who love a show about friendship and respect.
Why does it have to be rape?
- miranda404 likes this
- imalooseboltofacompletemachine likes this
- digi-flutter101 likes this
- ragequittingirl likes this
- mistresshazard reblogged this from feministpony
- allamaatemydinosaur reblogged this from queen-dog
- kitkatkumquat likes this
- the-lost-survivor reblogged this from queen-dog
- the-lost-survivor likes this
- queen-dog reblogged this from feministpony
- needsmoarg4 likes this
- crydamoure reblogged this from blueeyeslikethesea
- blueeyeslikethesea reblogged this from oak23
- blueeyeslikethesea likes this
- intrepidescapist reblogged this from gabbytheclaybro
- aolari reblogged this from feministpony
- gabbytheclaybro reblogged this from oak23
- sarahttaylor reblogged this from oak23
- kiddysa-nekovamp reblogged this from oak23
- kiddysa-nekovamp likes this
- oak23 reblogged this from feministpony
- guavabutts likes this
- taxideinae likes this
- rosemary-the-skunk likes this
- tropicaljohn reblogged this from feministpony
- justanotherboredteengirl reblogged this from feministpony
- im-walking-by reblogged this from feministpony
- ray10k reblogged this from feministpony
- feministpony reblogged this from tarajenkins
- snipsystripes likes this
- selkee likes this
- buddh1sm reblogged this from somewhereinjersey
- exowave1 likes this
- somewhereinjersey reblogged this from dragondicks
- amunconcoction reblogged this from erutus-profiteur
- daigonite reblogged this from erutus-profiteur and added:
- daigonite likes this
- classichourglass likes this
- erutus-profiteur reblogged this from dragontummys
- the-capm likes this
- jamierosendale reblogged this from dragondicks
- the-sexiest-man-in-ikebukuro reblogged this from some-dragon-called-jab
- some-dragon-called-jab reblogged this from dragondicks
- skedaddle-adventures likes this
- zeelaonmars likes this
- mistresshazard likes this
- timeshock likes this
- ohmyjesusponies likes this
- aolari likes this
- -prince-sab- reblogged this from mintpastelwitch